Sunday 6 January 2013

Highbrow Eyebrows


HD Brows at Beautique...


HD brows are the first professional brow treatment to have really made me think...”Could I do it? Actually trust somebody else entirely with these babies?”

I’ve been styling (tinting and shaping) my own eyebrows since I first ever dyed my hair at the age of 13. As a ‘redhead’ (very ginger) my eyebrows are naturally an almost white blonde. After all these years I’ve got very comfortable with what I think suits me and how to work with the type of hair and shape I have, whilst of course keeping with the ever fluctuating fashions for thickness/thinness boldness/fairness as and when they come and go.

The idea of me ending up with those funny thin little black tadpoles for eyebrows has put me right off. However when I first heard about HD brows, the concept caught my attention straight away and after seeing the results on some friends and a little blog research I wanted to give it a try.

For those who weren’t sure exactly what’s different about HD brows from other treatments. It is a 7 step process and is as follows:

 1.Consultation - the therapist assesses how to create a bespoke brow suited to your face shape and lifestyle.
2. Tint - using a tint specially designed for the treatment that comes in several colours in order to create the desired tone.
 3. Wax - to create the defined curve underneath the brow
4. Trim - to tidy longer hairs keeping them within the desired shape
5. Thread - to define above the brow, picking up the finer hairs
6. Tweez - to tidy any leftovers
7. Finish - by cleansing, setting and shading in with a pencil or powder to complete the ‘high definition’ look

This is a really good video that explains it in more depth.

My friends recommended a salon called Beautique in Winter Road, Southsea.
Not long after I hid my tweezers and started growing them out - low and behold Beautique were offering a deal including HD brows on Groupon (fate?)

A couple of months ago I went in and redeemed my voucher which also included lash extensions (I will expand on these in another post) and here are the results.

 Before the treatment.
 After.
 After a bit of my own handiwork with the highlighter.


Beautique offer the treatment at £20. Incredible deal considering what you would pay to have each step done separately! I think it’s perfect for those who are maybe first time brow shapers either professionally or ever! And it’s a one stop treatment for a total transformation. I can’t imagine having my eyebrows done any other way!

Would I have it done again? Hell to the yeah! Would I go back to Beautique for any other treatment? Yes. It’s a cute little salon. The decor is particularly lovely. They offer some of the most contemporary treatments I’ve seen available in Portsmouth, clearly making an effort to keep their therapists trained in the latest as well as stocking a wide range of products by really popular names including the HD brow products of which I bought this.


 The browbeater. It’s amazing! I’ve been using it before I pencil my brows when applying my makeup to set them in place and before I go to bed to hopefully train them over time! So far the difference has been amazing. My coarse and unruly hairs seem to growing neatly and flush to my skin which I never thought would happen!

One last thing I will say before booking with Beautique first time is, remember to make sure skintests are booked! Something I overlooked which lead to me being sent home without the treatment first time and having to re-book! Not cool.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this! was thinking about booking HD but didnt know if it was worth it. I deffo will now! Soraya xxx

    ReplyDelete