Tuesday 8 January 2013

A Fan of Jan


Out with the old, in in in with new! I'm all about it...


Gotta love January for all it's renewing properties. New years resolutions, spring cleaning and the sales!

I'm slightly ashamed to admit this year I have been as materialistic as it gets when it comes to the festive season.

Instead of counting down the days to Christmas I have been eagerly anticipating Boxing day sales and stocking up on the half price gift sets in Boots.

It's been a family tradition for some years now for my Mum and I to haul ass to town on the early hours of Boxing day morning (so like 9am not 6 like those nutters who queue outside NEXT), hangover or no hangover and stock up on all the hair and beauty giftsets all carefully put together for going under christmas trees across the land. In my case they merrily make their way into my own bathroom and I particularly love them for stocking up on good hairdressing gear as they often slip in lovely brushes and combs and sectioning clips, which are very welcome as they tend to mysteriously go missing throughout the restof the year.

Of course you have to be in the right frame of mind to be able to handle the carnage of the January sales, a mindset I am very rarely in. This is why I like to see what I can get online. I might not be fast enough to get the pick of the litter but the way I see it, if it's up there still, in my size, for my skin type/ hair type, whatever I was meant to have it - leading to many regretable purchases.

Except for this year...hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment